Finished another marathon one week after my Bataan Death March 102k ultramarathon. I’m happy to beat my last year time by 4mins. and finished it in 4hrs. 10mins. Thanks to the organizer and staff. Our condolences to the two runners who passed away during that said event.
with my son at the finish line
with my wife and son at the finish line
“Being patient is the most important quality to posses specially in running. Running is an extremely humbling sport that breaks even the best runners. If you are patient and give yourself time to adjust to a routine or races, you will accomplished your goal.” #southsiderunner
Ranked 20 out of 204 runners at 14hrs. 2mins. We started at KM 00 Mariveles, Bataan and finish line at the old train station in San Fernando, Pampanga where the KM102 was the ending point of Bataan Death March. Again a big thanks to RD Major General Jovenal D Narcise AFP (Ret) for yearly organising this event. Thanks to my loyal support team Bonjing and my nephew Carlos you both knows the drills in all utramarathon that I have joined. Friends in running community and to EARCOS family.
Congratulations also to all the runners who participated. And to my wife Sheryll, thanks for the sumptuous dinner and to my son Elijah, again happy to see another trophy along with his Lego collections.
Official race result click here
Few Tips for others who will be running the next edition.
- Train smart this will take you to the finish line.
- Respect the distance and never underestimate the numbers whether you already ran a 100K as everybody have said.
- Nutrition is one of the key factor in finishing any ultramarathon races.
- Read, follow, or attend the race briefing for you to understand the rules and regulations of BDM.
- It is important that you have an experienced support crew. They are also a key factor for you to finish the race.
- Run conservatively.
- Stay fully hydrated throughout your run by drinking water and other fluids, as well as eating foods that are hydrating.
- Be true to yourself. It is better to DNF than to force yourself and lead to an injury.
- DNF and alibi are two different things, so read #8 again.
- Don’t over-think or force anything; Let everything flow naturally.
KM #00 Mariveles, Bataan. Group shot 8th edition of BDM102 2016
Approaching the finish line
Few more meters to the finish line
Traditional Hug from the Race Director Maj. Gen. Jovie Narcise (Ret.)
Ranked 20th at 14hrs. 2mins.
with the Race Director Maj. Gen. Jovie Narcise (Ret.)